Impressing the in-laws is a challenge many couples face during the festive season. But don’t let it stress you out too much. Zoosk teamed up with relationship coach Jo Hemmings to come up with these 5 simple tips on leaving a good impression with your sweetheart’s parents. Here’s a summary:
1. Don’t strive for perfection. Stress can rub off on others. Remember that the holidays are a time to have fun.
2. Be prepared. Preparation is key to avoiding anxiety over last minute unexpected situations.
3. Make love, not war. When it comes to your sweetie’s parents, it’s not your place to get involved in family disputes.
4. Keep calm and cook on. Help out with the Christmas cooking if you’re staying with the parents.
5. Be inclusive, not exclusive. Make your in-laws feel like they are a part of your life and you will be a greater part of theirs.
To read about these tips from Jo Hemmings more in-depth, head over to her FemaleFirst article here. Happy Zoosking!
Photo via Flickr. Creative Commons License. Attribution-NoDerivs.